Friday, September 20, 2013

Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Tortellini




Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Tortellini:
Yield: Serves 6-8




Ingredients:

1 package of seven cheese tortellini
1 oz sun dried tomatoes (dried)
2 rotisserie chicken breasts (cooked)
4 cups of homemade tomato sauce (my recipe here)
1/2 cup of heavy cream
1 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese

Directions:

1. In a large saucepan, heated on Medium, add your tomato sauce, diced chicken breasts, and diced sun dried tomatoes. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Bring a large, salted, pot of water to a boil. Add your tortellini. Cook for 6 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. Add your heavy cream and cheese to your tomato sauce mixture. Stir for 1-2 minutes until incorporated.
4. Add your cooked tortellini to your sauce. Turn off your heat and gently mix together for 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately.  Enjoy!

I came up with this recipe a couple nights ago on the fly. I needed to get dinner on the table fast because I had two melting down children who desperately needed food in their bellies. This whole dish took twenty minutes from start to finish to make. Paired with roasted asparagus and rolls, in the oven, dinner was ready! Both my children chowed down on the pasta and my husband devoured two large helpings like it was going out of style! I hope you all enjoy as much as they did!



Chloe chowing down! :)

2 comments:

  1. Does your site have a contact page? I'm having problems locating
    it but, I'd like to send you an email. I've got some creative ideas for your blog
    you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great site and I look forward to seeing it
    improve over time.

    my website; Cartown hack 2013

    ReplyDelete