Thursday, November 8, 2012

Homemade Apple Sauce



Homemade Apple Sauce
Yield: 10-12 cups

Ingredients:

1 bag of Granny Smith Apples
1 bag of Gala or Honeycrisp Apples
1-2 tsp Cinnamon
1 pinch salt
1/4 cup of lemon juice
1 cup of water
1/4 cup of sugar if you want to add sweetener

Directions:

1. Peel and core all your apples. I bought a $20 apple peeler and corer from Bed Bath and Beyond (this one) three years ago and it is still going strong. Place all your apples in your Slow Cooker and it should be full to the brim with apples.



2. With your fingers, separate your apple slices and make sure there are no seeds hiding.
3. Sprinkle the cinnamon and salt across your apple slices.


4. Drizzle your lemon juice and water all over your apples.
5. If you choose to add sugar, do so now. I don't add sugar to my apple sauce.
6. Put the lid on your Slow Cooker and cook for 5 hours on low. Stir occasionally.
7. Enjoy your yummy homemade apple sauce served warm or chilled! Enjoy!


My 7 month old daughter chowing down on the apple sauce that I made for her!


Make sure to Like my Cooper and Chloe Facebook page!





No comments:

Post a Comment