Fall is finally here! The cool fresh air is so refreshing and is making me super excited for the up coming holiday season! I decided to use a neutral pallet for the wreath and use a grape vine base. I mixed together a glaze of brown, black, and silver paint, water, and glue and used a sponge paintbrush to coat the drab brown vines. I didn't want anything too over the top, but I wanted to make the vines more than they were. Then I spent the next hour watching Youtube videos on how to make burlap rosettes. I tried and tried and finally gave up. My burlap kept fraying and pulling apart every time I twisted it around to make a petite and round rosette. So, I decided to just go with the flow and twist the burlap, use lots of hot glue, and make some puffy roses. They turned out okay, but if I was to do it again, I would have bought muslin and used muslin instead of burlap! I then decorated the roses with pearls gluing them down with hot glue. I then moved on to the numbers. I first painted the wood numbers with black paint. Then I went over the black with a watered down white pearl paint. After they were dry I hot glued on some pearls. I let everything dry overnight before assembling.
The next morning, my son and I put everything together. Yes, I let my two year old help decide where the roses and numbers were going to be placed. I let him put the number five on, that is why it a little crooked but it looks perfect to me!
Update: I just hung my wreath for this fall, 2013, and it is still looking great!
Make sure to Like my Cooper and Chloe Facebook page!