Blueberry Zucchini Banana Toddler Muffins
Yield: 30 muffins
1 cup vanilla yogurt
2 tablespoons maple syrup (real maple syrup not the fake stuff) :)
1 cup rolled oats
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups frozen or fresh blueberries
1. Line a baking sheet with tin foil, peel your bananas and slice your zucchinis leaving the skins on, drizzle some olive oil and sprinkle with cinnamon. Roast your peeled bananas and sliced zucchini at 400 F for 20 minutes. Once out of the oven puree in your food processor until smooth.
2. In your Kitchen Aid Mixer add your banana zucchini puree, yogurt, oats, eggs, maple syrup, and mix on low/medium.
3. Add in your flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and mix well on medium.
4. Add in your blueberries and mix on low.
5. With a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop your batter into your cooking spray coated muffin tins.
6. Bake at 350 F for 40 minutes.
My son is a very picky eater so I am constantly trying to fix him foods that he might possibly eat. He likes banana nut muffins and blueberry muffins so I was trying to think of a sugar-free way to sneak some veggies in to a food that he might nibble on. So far he has eaten two of the muffins I made him. The muffins came out slightly dense, but are still edible. This was my first attempt at a heavily fruit filled muffin. I think I will continue to play around with the recipe to try and make them more fluffy like a normal muffin.
Make sure to Like my Cooper and Chloe Facebook page!